More courses to develop your skills.
The Royal Life Saving Society UK – National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
The next course will be running Monday 24th July to Friday 28th July 2017, 9am-5pm at The Park Leisure Centre.
The exam will be on Saturday 29th July 8.30am-2pm (approx.)
Cost £250 to pay on booking, covers expert training assessments and materials.
- You must be aged 16 or over
- Able to jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50m in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100m continuously on front and back
- Tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits.
- 100% attendance required to pass
Not just a qualification but a stepping stone to a career in the Leisure Industry.
The course includes:
- All elements of Pool Rescue Techniques
- Lifeguard Theory,
- First Aid, CPR & Automated Defibrillator
- The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the pool.
You will need:
- Photo ID
- A whistle
- Swimming costume
- Towel x 2
- Shorts and T-Shirt to be worn in the water x 2 sets
- Practical skills will be continually assessed
- Verbal question and answer sessions
- Practical demonstrations of Rescue Skills, CPR, First Aid
The RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and Ireland and is also internationally recognised.
Not just a qualification, it can be a stepping stone into a career within the leisure industry!
Please contact John Kitts on 01229 871146 to enrol. Limited to 12 places, Don’t miss out!
For more information on the NPLQ qualification visit Royal Life Saving Society